But I can't say that aloud; I can't tell anyone that I have been waiting for this all my life and that being chosen to wait is the reason I can. If I were able I'd say it. Say make me, remake me. You are free to do it and I am free to let you because look, look. Look where your hands are. Now.

Monday, February 22, 2010

hallucinatory fragments.

He pulled up towards me like a foreign dog. His protruding lower lip was duck-billed, too strange to suck. I pushed him away. Although he wanted all, I knew it wasn't his.

If muddy rivers had reflections, his white skin would be stained dull in the loftiness of its own bathwater. Speckled and absorbed into the surface, his battle marks left my face retracting over itself. In defense, my glance repeatedly resisted, crouching away from this suddenly staged reality.

Reminiscences of youth clawed at me like a bitter cat. Daring me. Awkwardly whirling fatal flirtations around my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment