But I can't say that aloud; I can't tell anyone that I have been waiting for this all my life and that being chosen to wait is the reason I can. If I were able I'd say it. Say make me, remake me. You are free to do it and I am free to let you because look, look. Look where your hands are. Now.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

early November '09.

back to when our dates were chaperoned and your hair waved long
over museum hand-held excuses, an ocean of bloody coral reef rippling, bubbling
between our new palms
under borrowed sheets, quietly testing their courage, circling
the swans you conquered that night by the bay
when i was less worried about old hearts,
better, then,
gentle, as how to best hold yours


3 comments:

  1. There was a long run of other people's beds and couches for us. I'm sort of sad to see that novel excited uncertainty go, but glad to know I can always take you home to our bed.

    ReplyDelete