But I can't say that aloud; I can't tell anyone that I have been waiting for this all my life and that being chosen to wait is the reason I can. If I were able I'd say it. Say make me, remake me. You are free to do it and I am free to let you because look, look. Look where your hands are. Now.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

if you can survive tonight I will give you the greatest chair
let you hang on my shoulder
keep close against my leg
i will clean you from the outside in

if you survive tonight your hands won't be torn off by that great white truck
i assure you
if you can survive tonight i will stick carnations into the thin of your skin

please survive the night
you can keep my feet warm if you'd like to

if you survive this night you won't have your ass punched
swiped into shit and muck and feathers and spit
keep tumbling for just this night
i can clean you from the outside in

No comments:

Post a Comment