But I can't say that aloud; I can't tell anyone that I have been waiting for this all my life and that being chosen to wait is the reason I can. If I were able I'd say it. Say make me, remake me. You are free to do it and I am free to let you because look, look. Look where your hands are. Now.

Monday, November 8, 2010

It made him a man with legs that turned and hands that gripped
Took him around the corner, towards the end it dropped us off
and he shakes
Made him a man with smooth turns and oil and work shirts in the trunk,
a lady by his side dressed and dancing with her new purse
Years ago it was his motorcycle and also
a car and all the neighbors spit and thought of
Jew money
Before, a man with keys in his pocket a wallet in the back
a pack of cigarettes but he quit and loves
us forever and here is this man in his bed asking his daughter where she’s been
since last month

No comments:

Post a Comment